Skip to main navigation.

Requirements for New Service

  1. Fill out application for new service and pay membership fee and deposit. We require a copy of plat from the tax assessors office (8 ½ X 11 copy). Easement also has to be filled out by tax assessor’s office. Have 911 (physical) address when paperwork is turned in.
  2. Call engineering department 2 days after paperwork is turned in if there are questions about line placement, meter pole placement or construction cost.  Engineering department should be contacted between 8:00 a. m. - 9:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday. (Mobile home has to be on site before engineering department comes out)
  3. After your electrician wires service, have inspected by your county’s zoning department.  Planters EMC cannot schedule a new service until approval from zoning department is received.
  4. After above steps are completed, service will be connected within 10 – 14 working days.

Effingham County Zoning Office – 912-754-2128
Burke County Zoning Office   –   706-554-8758
Screven County Zoning Office – 912-564-2951
Jenkins County Tax Assessor – 478-982-4939


Planters EMC Engineering Department – 478-982-4722, 706-554-1811 or 912-564-7163
Norman Williams – Extension 253
Steve Burke – Extension 225

* Any construction cost must be paid before service is built.



Planters Electric Membership Corporation
Your Credit Report and the Price You Pay for Credit

What is a credit report?

 A credit report is a record of your credit history.  It includes information about whether you pay your bills on time and how much you owe to creditors.

 How did we use your credit report[s]?

 We used your information from your credit report to set the terms of the credit we are offering you, such as the deposit you are required to make to secure service.

 The terms offered to you may be less favorable than the terms offered to consumers who have better credit histories.

 What if there are mistakes in your credit report[s]?

 You have a right to dispute any inaccurate information in your credit report.

 If you find mistakes on your credit report, contact Experian which is the consumer reporting agency from which we obtained your credit report.

It is a good idea to check your credit report to make sure the information it contains is accurate.

 How can you obtain a copy of your credit report[s]?

 Under federal law, you have the right to obtain a copy of your credit report without charge for 60 days after you receive this notice.  To obtain your free report, contact Experian:

 By telephone:  Call toll-free:[1-888-397-3742]

 By mail:  Mail your written request to:


701 Experian Parkway

P O Box 2002

Allen TX 75013

On the web: Visit []

How can you get more information about credit reports?

 For more information about credit reports and your rights under federal law, visit the Federal Reserve Board’s web site at, or the Federal Trade Commission’s web site at


Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo